New Fall Scents

Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of any new Fall scents? Fall is my favorite time of the year and I already feel like I should be started to test. I was so hoping to find a few new ones..not that I really need anymore oils but a couple wouldn't hurt anything, right? Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome!!

Hugs!

Michele

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fall is my favorite time of year as well. Just last night I was thinking about a pumpkin & caramel. I think that sounds really good. I have ooey gooey caramel from candle Cocoon, so that will be the caramel, but which pumpkin.... hmm, decisions decisions. I only have about 50 to choose from. LOL. I might try it with a straight up pumpkin pie filling scent from ICS and see how that goes.

Brandi, I just made a small batch of pumpkin caramel. They are in the freezer now so we will see in a few days how they do. I ended up using 50/50 Heartfelt's Sweet Pumpkin and Ooey Gooey Caramel from Candle Cocoon. I will report back once they cure. The butterscotch ripple sounds yummy too.

A few of my pumpkin combos for fall are ...

Pumpkin Pie (KY) and Apple Jack & Peel (KY) = Fall Harvest

Pumpkin Pie (KY) and Creme Brulee (KY) = Pumpkin Brulee (add coffee and you have Pumpkin Cafe Brulee)

Pumpkin Pie (KY) and Caramel Pecan (KY) = Pumpkin Pecan Pie

Pumpkin Pie (KY) and Orange Chiffon Cake (KY) = Orange Pumpkin

I only use KY's Pumpkin Pie for mixing. I also use CS's Pumpkin Souffle for mixing. I know I have more combos, but this is just off the top of my head.

Just remembered ... mixing pumpkin and banana nut bread makes a really nice scent, I call it Banana Pumpkin Bread; it's a great seller in the fall. Last year I used Pumpkin Brulee (The Candle Source) and BNB from CS.

Edited by Candlebuddy

Hi Trapp,

Wow, that sounds great..I think I have the Pumpkin Souffle but I know I don't have CC Vanilla. That's a good vanilla, huh? I've tried so many vanilla's I just pretty much gave up..Do I dare? Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs

Michele

p.s. Did you get the pm I sent ya with my email addy for ya?

Hi Trapp,

Wow, that sounds great..I think I have the Pumpkin Souffle but I know I don't have CC Vanilla. That's a good vanilla, huh? I've tried so many vanilla's I just pretty much gave up..Do I dare? Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs

Michele

p.s. Did you get the pm I sent ya with my email addy for ya?

Hi Michele,

Oh yes, I think its a wonderful scent the Vanilla Voodoo...I've tried so many, it's disgusting. A lot of people on the board recommend it also. I'm going to try Mrs. Rand's vanilla real soon. I've heard that one is a winner.

And yep, I did get your message and answered it the same day. Did you not get mine? Gave you my email too.

Oh, another fall scent is " Campfire Marshmallow"....lol - remember that one? lol

Trapp

I have only tried a few of CC oils. She is only 2 hours away from me, I wish she carried my wax. I'm always so jealous of all you lucky people that can go and pick up locally. I may have to break down and try the vv. I was reading a CC post recently and thought I would like to try her cranberry one anyway.

Hugs

Michele

Hey Trapp..I didn't get your email..looked in my spam and nothing there either, will try again?

I've had awesome success in blending Cedar and Macintosh Apple for a harvest type scent. I'm also trying a blend of Caramel/Pumpkin Souffle/Vanilla tomorrow. The blend test smelled awesome, trying to see how it works in wax itself. I've got another couple ideas but haven't started the testing on them yet.

Janetscandles... I would love to hear how your pumpkin souffle/caramel/vanilla turns out. The pumpkin pie filling/caramel blend that I tried didnt come out great. The caramel overpowered the pumpkin scent (I used a 50/50 blend)l. It isnt a bad scent by any stretch but I do not detect the pumpkin much at all. I think that the pumpkin souffle/caramel might work out nice. Maybe I will give that a try this weekend. hmmm.... back to the chemistry lab!

I went a little crazy with the q-tips last night and found one I think will be good! You guys try it too and see what you think, 1/2 pumpkin souffle (cs) and 1/2 sugar corn pudding (ky). My favorite pumpkin tho is cierra's Harvest Pumpkin. Very close to Yankee's Spiced Pumpkin IMO.