Question on burn characteristics of 6006?

Finally got my supplies straightened up enough to test my new 6006. I've searched but with the last few years of search missing, haven't found my answer.

My question is about the way 6006 burns - across the top of the candle side to side, or down and then out like many other soy blends? A few years back I tested IGI 6036 (a 50/50 blend) and go figure it burned out across the jar from side to side with a lovely quarter inch deep pool, while, as said, other parasoy blends I've tried burn down and then melt the hang up as burns continue. I know I don't need a full pool on the first burn or two, but I don't like the look of a crater either:)

I'll be using a 3" diameter jar and thinking of starting with a 51z, but also have eco's, CDs, LX, some HTPs etc.

Thanks for any info you can offer...off to melt wax!

If you're using zincs, the 60z works for 3" diameter. & I use the 62z for the 8 oz tureen which starts out at 3" and expands to almost 4". Since I pour the wax up into the 3" diameter neck of the tureen, it burns down to the bottom of the tureen in a 3" diameter tunnel, & then it burns out into the sides of the tureen. So, with my very limited experience, maybe that means that 6006 burns down first & then out?

& I use a 51z for the regular mouth jj which is 2-1/2" diameter, I think; but that burns more evenly than the tureen, so it doesn't tunnel down.

Edited by HorsescentS