Coconut oil or Crisco?

I have never been able to demonstrate with my wax (NatureWax C3) that CO improves throw. It can improve texture and help reduce frosting somewhat, but that's not an issue with CBA. I doubt Crisco would help for the same reasons - it never did much for C3. The addition of too much additive oil can have a negative effect on the throw. A wax can hold only so much oil....

I'm sure there is more discussion on this issue in the Vegetable Wax forum...

Edited by Stella1952

I'm starting to experiment with CO in paraffin. Seems to make adhesion to glass better with reduced wet spots. Seems to also aid in mould release. Has a better luster look to the final product with great tops. I don't know yet if it helps throw. I think the throw is the same, but I haven't used it in very many tests yet. Wick seems to be the same.

I never used either when working with paraffin but did use coconut with my soy blend whenever the wax was dry or brittle. It really enhances appearance in votives and its my understanding that coconut oil is used in a lot of pre-blended waxes for improved appearance (adhesion to wall) but I did notice an improved ht under the afore mentioned condition of my wax. I have also used petrolatum to soften brittle wax and improve adhesion. Remember that the new Crisco has palm oil in it and that means stearic acid and soy bean oil. Some swear by mineral oil. I'd try another wax. HTH

Steve