Coconut Wax

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the forum and reading all your posts have helped me tremendously.

I wanted to ask the gurus the following for container candles:

1. have you tried making container candles with coconut wax (even if blended with soy)

2. has any tried a 100% beeswax candle. I understand a 100% beeswax candle is going to be very expensive. But from what I understand it is 100% natural as opposed to the argument against Soy Wax being 100% natural.

3. Is Coconut Wax considered to be 100% natural?

Any help or info you can provide before I look into trying both these waxes would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Take the phrase 100% natural and lose it, it's overused and in lots of cases just not accurate!! I make 100% beeswax candles, but would never call them 100% natural, especially since some of my customers like the wax scented and some wicks have a chemical coating for good burn properties.

Coconut oil is pretty expensive. Most parasoy blends contain some coconut, as well as other "secret" ingredients. There is much debate over the issue of adding coconut oil for improved appearance and or scent throw. Some swear by it and others say it's bunk. I would recommend learning a wax and then once you are familiar with its' properties; experiment with additives. A good wax ought to do its job without more expense in the way of additives, but yes I have tried coconut and soy. I agree with "lose the all natural" its just a way to market or get yourself in trouble for something that just doesn't exist. IMHO

Steve