Last Weekend's Show

Alajane

I only do a few shows a year and it seems that for the last several years, every time I had a show scheduled there was some kind of disaster shortly before the show and attendance was very low, or people weren't buying because there had just been bad economic news. The last show I had paid for was in the spring, the weekend after massive tornadoes ripped through Alabama, barely missing the area of the show, so I didn't even go because I didn't feel people would be buying--most people were out volunteering that weekend!

Anyway, I finally had a good show last weekend! I have done this show for the last 7 years and usually done at least pretty well, but last year I couldn't go because my husband had been in ICU for a month and I couldn't leave him alone that soon. So this year, as I was walking in, I had several people tell me how glad they were to see me and that they looked for my booth last year.

I had the best sales I've ever had--at least 30% more than my best year previously. Hope this is a harbinger of a good year!