Limp wicks

today i rebatched 2 batches of pillars and they were void of air pockets aside from using the suggested candle tech method . i also primed the wick which i belive contributed to the absents of air pockets .one second pour using the vent method delivered a smoothe flat surface on the bottom of the candle.

i must admit thoes metal screws chew up some wick i wondered if a softer or duller screw were avalible about like a rubber screw ...i know it sounds crazy but it would be less abrasive ...i do not belive i could get a rubber plug in the wick hole of a mold with a size 05 beeswax wick that stuff is square and thick ..but now a screw would be more effective if only it didnt bite into the wick material so .metal screws have vecious sharp ripping threads .if the threads on the screw were made of rubber they would be less abrasive and more flexable but still be effective as a screw and perhaps function more effectively than a plug

there is a company who will send you a roll of metal tape as a sample ..google "aluminum tape " i did and got a free roll ,,,but i cant remenber what company it was .

Thank you Eatra I will do that,,I tried the rubber plugs and they dont work so well either!!,,,MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!:D