Tin electric tart warmer

Hi, wonder if anyone can help? I am in the uk and just starting to make wax tarts. I have been advised to get an electric tart warmer. You can only seem to buy the yankee ones here and they are only 14 watt so don't think they will be hot enough.

I was looking at a tin electric warmer with a 25 watt bulb from the US and wondered if anyone can tell me if this would be ok for melting cb135 melts? I don't want it to get too hot so fragrance burns off really quick but also don't want it to be too low for poor throw.

Any advice? Thanks

My advice is this:

Scentsy has already made it's way into the UK. (If you are not familiar with that company then please research them.) I would get one of their warmers and test in them, that way when people start asking if your melts work in those warmers, your homework is already done. If they aren't huge in your area yet, they soon will be, guaranteed. I got my warmer from ebay. I advertise my melts as "melts for your scentsy pot." 99% of people here know who scentsy is. HTH!

Hi, ok thanks. I have heard of scentsy I found them at a craft show last week. Their warmers are about 30 gbp and also you can only seem to get them through a scentsy rep here in the uk or through a craft fair. When I went to the craft fair last week nobody was really interested in the scentsy stall as everything was highly priced x

I understand :). That's why is suggested to check on ebay. In the US you can find a ton of them on ebay.

You will find Scentsy has 3 different size warmers, and all their melts melt in them. At least here in the US.

The smallest is the Plug-in which has a 15W bulb. The medium has a 20W bulb and the large have 25W bulbs.

I have the Plug-in and the large and they do very well with HT. I had some of their melts still in my cupboard and

put one in the plug-in the other day and that darn thing lasted 2 days. I was hoping theirs wouldn't last THAT long, lol.

I also had one of theirs in my large warmer that only lasted 6 hours. You may want to experiment with them yourself, so

you know for yourself. I have found out that the lower the Wattage the longer the scent lasts, it's just not as strong.

Edited by IwantItgreen

Can't seem to get one off eBay, well can but shipping is extortionate and you can not buy anywhere else in uk unless you have a party I think ( x

Have you gone to Scentsy's website to locate a rep near you? You may be able to order directly off the rep's website.

http://scentsy.net/en-gb/products/buy-scentsy.aspx

Edited by Beth

The wally world warmers are different, they use a halogen light I believe which produces more heat and is directional. Scentsy holds at around 130, the halogen ones warm to 180 or more. This being said if your wax melts (and throws) at around 125 they will work.

Hi, no uk does not have anything like these stores, I can not even find light bulb warmers here in the uk. The only melters I can find is the Yankee electric ones and also the scentsy but their shipping is really high even though it will be shipped uk to uk x

The wally world warmers are different, they use a halogen light I believe which produces more heat and is directional. Scentsy holds at around 130, the halogen ones warm to 180 or more. This being said if your wax melts (and throws) at around 125 they will work.

This is the one I have

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Medallion-Wax-Warmer-Teal/15689215

How about Amazon.com?

Expedited Shipping Rates to Europe

**Automotive, Computers, Electronics, Home, Personal Care, Kitchen, Outdoor Living, Sports, Tools, Toys $6.99 $1.99/lb Any combination of the above items $6.99 As above *

Additional shipping and handling charges apply to media items of unusual size or weight. Learn more.

**Expedited Shipping is available for addresses in the United Kingdom only.

Edited by Beth
fixing...

I can sell you a Tin Warmer at wholesale from Irvin's Tinware. You can see what shipping will be from my zip code, 41018, to you. Do you have different electric plugs than we do? My sister is in Germany and she has to have some sort of transformer to use her warmer. PM me if you are interested. The tin warmers have always been my favorite warmers and work very well with my wax but don't know anything about Eco.

The Amazon shipping sounds like really good prices.

Edited by Sharon in KY