melt pool question

Okay, so I re-wicked with an ECO-2, and the first burn did not reach a FMP. I'm at hour 2 of my second burn, and I have one side that looks nice, with just a little residue, and one side with a lot of hang-up. Hoping it will catch up on burn number 3. Very subtle HT, but that could be because I melted a candle I had previously made.

I'm thinking I'm going to try to find some CDN wicks though, since I have read multitudes of posts about how well they burn. And when I'm done playing with this kit, I think I'll try some other waxes. There are just too many choices :undecided

one side with a lot of hang-up

The lop-sided burn is typical of wicks with a self-trimming stance. Press gently on the base of the wick right under the MP (when liquid) in the direction of the hangup to center the heat in the container. Keeping the wick centered is a must and normal candle maintenance, but really it's the HEAT you want to keep centered as a candle burns, not necessarily the wick itself. The side of the wick with the curl is hotter than the side opposite the curl.

Southwest and Candle Cocoon have CDNs. CDs do nicely also. Lone star has them in a nice sample pack so you can have several of each size they carry for testing purposes. Good luck!!