presto pot

How quickly do these black spots show on these pots. Teflon is notoriously toxic and burning it in a candle does not sound like fun.
Straining the wax as it's poured solves this problem as well as catching any dust particles from the air, etc.
I can just use my stainless double boiler.

This is fine if you are just pouring a few candles here and there.

Edited by Stella1952

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own 6 presto's and would never part with them.

I use a Pyrex measure cup for mine.

I have so many Pyrex of all sizes I should own stock in corning. hehe

Like the saying goes..

U will get my presto's when you can pry them from my dead cold hands.

(ok, I made that up) lol....:rolleyes2

I use my turkey roaster when I am melting my container wax. But I have had my presto for at least 10 years and it's not peeling at all. I have used it for the wax dipped bears...and when I sold those I did sell a LOT of them. My presto's main use is for pouring votives and tarts. The inside still looks brand new. When I dip out the wax I use an extra large heavy metal cup...looks like a measuring cup but it's not...can't remember now where I bought it years ago. Anyway...I never let the wax get so low that I am scraping the bottom of the presto. I melt a lot more wax than I am going to use and after pouring let it cool and put the lid on it. Then it's ready to go for the next batch of votives or tarts.