Soap shape

icecold

I am torn between what shape to do all my soap. Right now I make rectangle soap packaged in boxes and round soap packaged in coffee filters. The round ones are definitely a lot cheaper to package. Or should I just stick with both. What do you think?

I don't make soap but I do buy it from fellow crafters when I am at a show. I can honestly say that although I think the round soaps are adorable, I would never buy them for myself. I like the rectangle soap for personal use. I might buy the cute round soaps for gifts, though.

My dw complains that my bars are too big for her small hands but I like a big old slab of soap (I cut her bars in half). I made a bundt cake and the slices are perfect for the hand and so are the cupcakes if sliced in half. Round bars are perfect for washing your hands at the sink.

Steve

Guess I'm an oddball - I personally favor oval shaped soaps, but I don't have an oval mold at this moment... I like a large bar, too. The round soaps I make are a very nice size, but I also make guest sized rounds. Same with the rectangular/square bars - I make both full-sized bars & guest bars. Square/rectangular bars don't slip off soap holders as easily as rounds/ovals and they also don't take up as much space if you have an assortment in the shower or bathtub (like I do)... Jeeze, I'm no help at all!! :laugh2:

What size/shape sells the best for you? Maybe that's the way to go?

Edited by Stella1952

@Stella - funny you mentioned oval. I make a guest size bar that's oblong, but am considering making ovals using 3 inch PVC for specialty items. It goes against my primary business' theme, but I love the look and can find some way to fit them into the line.

- especially at about 1:40 and 2:10. I love how fast and easy they fill 30+molds. My next cutter looks like the one at 2:22.