I using 415 wax and 1 reddiglo chip and 1 oz of F/O per lb. I have been using cd wicks and am at wits end. I love the cd's in the jars I use but now I am testing 12 oz status jars. I started using a cd-8 and it was too small so I went to a 10. It was ok but still too much hang up for my liking. I tried a cd-12 and it was tunneling badly. Where do I go next?? CDN? HTP? I hope what I am asking isnt private information and if it is I will understand. I am just at the point where I dont know what to try. Ive read alot of the board answers and couldnt really find what I was looking for. I burned the first for 3 hours and then burned in 3 hour intervals all the way to the bottom of the jars. I never reached a full pool so I tried power burning and still the same thing. Am I asking for too much and being too picky?? I have about 3/16 of an inch of wax on the sides. I really would like all the wax to be used and then I will feel like I accomplished what I set out to do.

Thanks,

Tina

Why not just go larger on the CD wicks? I use the CD-8 and CD-10 for the 8 ounce status jars and CD-14 or CD-16 for the 12 ounce status. Wax is 464 but I would imagine that they would work in 415 too. I have worked a little with 415 and CD-18 might be needed as it is a harder wax. Testing will tell. CDNs are a variety of CD wicks and should perform about the same. HTPs, well, hmmmm; you could try but they didn't work for me in wider diameter jars with 464. I see a lot of posts here of people having the same issue with HTPs. If you want to try them, I would suggest 1212 or 1312. HTP 126 is even larger despite the smaller number.