The Candle Source

lmc

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, the ECO wicks may be the best ones for me at this point. HT is the best with these, but certainly not great. Also tried Peak's C-80 - no good; only wicks I haven't tried are the RRD wicks and CD. Of course, testing continues; though the ECOs seem to be working alright, I'm going to work on a stronger HT.

Ok, the ECO wicks may be the best ones for me at this point. HT is the best with these, but certainly not great. Also tried Peak's C-80 - no good; only wicks I haven't tried are the RRD wicks and CD. Of course, testing continues; though the ECOs seem to be working alright, I'm going to work on a stronger HT.

Ravens...I'm working on CDs the last 2 days. This wax is burning to me like a soy. Nice burn, wicks needing to be sized up. I went with a12 and 14. Neither are big enough. Thought for sure on the 3rd burn the hang-up would go but no. They are tunneling. Am going to melt back down in just a little bit and start back over with a CD 16. Was not sure what to put in the other so I'll do an Eco too like you and Chandler to see if the HT is better side by side with a CD.

I know it is paraffin...just like you said because 1 lb melted filled my 2 jars just like a paraffin does, not like a parasoy or soy where it makes less the more soy used.

Interesting....just wish one of us would land on the wick that will bring it to life. I'm using Peak Vanilla Bean Nectarine that is an awesome thrower in 125.

Jeanie, I think I found a wick that may work better than the ECO, and guess which it is? The CSN series wick! I' testing a 9 and an 11 (or is it 12? - will have to look) in the status jars.

This wax's got too much potential to give up on it.

Interestingly though, it is nearly as finicky as its sister wax, ya know, my beloved TCS wax for tarts/container/votives.

ChandlerWicks, how's your testing going?

Jeanie, I think I found a wick that may work better than the ECO, and guess which it is? The CSN series wick! I' testing a 9 and an 11 (or is it 12? - will have to look) in the status jars.

This wax's got too much potential to give up on it.

Interestingly though, it is nearly as finicky as its sister wax, ya know, my beloved TCS wax for tarts/container/votives.

ChandlerWicks, how's your testing going?

Ravens...it would be either a 9 or 11 in CSN. I have both so will try it here too. We are both using same size jars. Mine is madison but 3" like the status is...I think the status is 3".

It does seem to have potential for a really nice burn. Now to get the HT. Mine are still melting down from previous trials so won't be doing CSN until tomorrow.

Can any of you recommend what scents to avoid? Such as ones that smelled nothing like their description, too light, too much trouble wicking, etc?

Darbla....I haven't gotten to any of TCS FOs yet. Am testing Peak Vanilla Bean Nectarine since I know it has major HT. Will report when I do on how they are. It will be in CBL125 though. Just tweaking those wicks a bit yet.

Edit to say I am testing TCS wax with Peak Vanilla Bean Nectarine

Edited by jeanie353

Ravens/Chandler....I'm going to start off with a CSN 14 since these are wicking like soy (to me). I thought the 9 or 11 would be right for a 3" container but in case you are doing 9, 11 or 12...I'll hop up to 14 and back it down from there.

Hmmm, I could be wrong, but when it comes to wicking, this wax reminds me of a soy, lol Though it's in flake form (more like little chunks, actually), it has a consistency that's very similar to the J223, imo.

Anyway.... so far the best HT is from (1)hemp, and (2) ECO wicks. I'm going to order the smaller hemp wicks from NG this evening.

Edited by Ravens
typo

Hmmm, I could be wrong, but when it comes to wicking, this wax reminds me of a soy, lol Though it's in flake form (more like little chunks, actually), it has a consistency that's very similar to the J223, imo.

Anyway.... so far the best HT is from (1)hemp, and (2) ECO wicks. I'm going to order the smaller hemp wicks from NG this evening.

Umm, someone has some small hemp wicks to send you...............