For those of you who have used PVC pipe for molds...

MoonShadow

Yes I do. It's very simple too. I take a piece of parchment or freezer paper and roll it up and insert it into the pvc pipe. Once inside, the paper unrolls and I have a cap that fits onto the bottom and I cut off the extra at the top. I then fill the tube with my imbeds which are made from cp soap that I have sliced and then taken small cookie cutters and cut out my shapes. Once the tube is full I pour mp over the top and let it set. The tube of soap just slides out of the pipe and I place the whole tube(s) down into my loaf mold at different levels as soap is poured into the mold. It's really easy. Home Depot cut the different sized pvc pipe for me and gave me the caps for free. Larger pipes should work about the same (I think) but I have never used them for cp, so someone else will have to tell you their technique. HTH

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

You don't have to, but with some stickier formulas lining helps with unmolding.

If your formula does stick, then park the whole thing in the freezer for a few hours (overnight is fine...) and it should slide out within a few minutes of being in the warm air. I find that once the air condensation begins to form on the outside of the pipe the inside is about ready to slip out. If it still plays hard to get, run hot tap water on the outside of the tube to help grease the skids if you will. A heat gun may work also.

I don't line mine. I lubricate the inside liberally with mineral oil. If it hangs, it goes in the refrigerator for a while, then I run the mold under HOT water before pushing it out. Have never had any problem demolding. They do, however, have a tendency to overheat and volcano, so I don't fill mine all the way to the top (about 2" down) since I witnessed this.