Steeping Tea bags in MP Base. Can it be done?

jackbenimble

I've put loose leaf tea in my base but not to steep it. You can try it. My experience with tea is the discoloration is after the soap sits for a couple days. I then usually remelt it to blend the color. Coffee ground or cocoa make much better colorants with a more immediate effect. If you use coffee brew it first then add the wet grounds.

I have an idea the benefits are at best minimal. Its a wash off product.

Another idea you might try is infusing tea or herbs in the oils you use in your soap. Many people infuse calendula in their olive oil. I just started doing it. No reason you can't use any herbs or teas and try an infusion in an oil or milk you add to your base.

Edited by Candybee

I have an idea the benefits are at best minimal. Its a wash off product.

Another idea you might try is infusing tea or herbs in the oils you use in your soap. Many people infuse calendula in their olive oil. I just started doing it. No reason you can't use any herbs or teas and try an infusion in an oil or milk you add to your base.

Awe! That's a good idea! I hadn't thought of that thanks!!!

I haven't had a chance to try this idea yet. I have added the loose tea to a base to make my green tea soap. It adds a nice texture and look to the soap. I think I'm going to try putting the powdered extract instead of infusing. I really want to get the properties of the tea extract in my soap.