Looking for a Scentsy Dupe - My Dear Watson

Holly

I have a new customer/friend and she loves My Dear Watson. She let me smell it, and I like it too. She wants to buy from me now that I have reopened. She was wondering if I could find this scent or something close. I know that Save on Scents has Scentsy Dupes but also have heard their oils are not the greatest. I tried them a long time ago but never bought anything from them.

They do have My Dear Watson, and I was wondering if any of you are familar with this Scentsy fragrance, and if you have tried it from Save on Scents. Is there any other place that carries a lot of Scentsy Dupes? This scent may be out there under a different name as well or one that is very similar.

Thanks!

I have a new customer/friend and she loves My Dear Watson. She let me smell it, and I like it too. She wants to buy from me now that I have reopened. She was wondering if I could find this scent or something close. I know that Save on Scents has Scentsy Dupes but also have heard their oils are not the greatest. I tried them a long time ago but never bought anything from them.

They do have My Dear Watson, and I was wondering if any of you are familar with this Scentsy fragrance, and if you have tried it from Save on Scents. Is there any other place that carries a lot of Scentsy Dupes? This scent may be out there under a different name as well or one that is very similar.

Thanks!

Haven't tried it, but SOS is pretty reliable as long as you order the scent in "X-treme" concentration. Their so called value line "SOS"...is a POS. ;) They do offer free sniffie samples as long as you pay postage. Might try that route to see if it's a close dupe!

Edited by rctfavr3

Haven't tried it, but SOS is pretty reliable as long as you order the scent in "X-treme" concentration. Their so called value line "SOS"...is a POS. ;) They do offer free sniffie samples as long as you pay postage. Might try that route to see if it's a close dupe!

Thank you. That is good to know that you find them pretty reliable. The Ultra is $23.34 per lb. and the EC Extreme is $34.11. That is pretty high. I do get some oils that are in the high $20's from one place but they are tried and true and I cannot live without them. I could order a sample and if it is outstanding I may consider. Not sure.

So, the Ultra strength is not usually good enough?

I agree.... they have some really really good ones but extreme concentrate is the way to go

Thanks, Moonshine. You find the that Ultra is not usually good enough with most of their oils? I think I ordered the Ultra when I tried them a long time ago, but can't remember why I did not order anything from them. I think I few of the samples I just did not think they smelled good out of bottle and they may have been duds in wax as well. Can't remember. I did not get a lot of samples. I had so many suppliers as it was.

So, the Ultra strength is not usually good enough?

it varies by scent. Generally I won't order any at SOS unless they are common herbals or well known fruit smells. "Ultra" would be the "standard" at any other supplier. Xtreme Con is just better all around, although you'll pay a great deal more. If you can get away with using SOS or Ultra...go for it. But, it really just varies by FO unfortunately.

How is that scent by the way? I've never smelled it. The SOS description is entirely too vague. How would you describe My Dear Watson?

Edited by rctfavr3

it varies by scent. Generally I won't order any at SOS unless they are common herbals or well known fruit smells. "Ultra" would be the "standard" at any other supplier. Xtreme Con is just better all around, although you'll pay a great deal more. If you can get away with using SOS or Ultra...go for it. But, it really just varies by FO unfortunately.

How is that scent by the way? I've never smelled it. The SOS description is entirely too vague. How would you describe My Dear Watson?

Scentsy says this for the scent: "Refreshing bergamot contrasted with mint, cedar, and suede."

I am pretty sure I smell the bergamot. I have not melted the little cube she gave me yet. To me it smells like a masculine cologne but not overly masculine. It has a very fresh and clean smell. I am not very good at describing fragrances of this kind. Not sure if I smell mint but it is probably a very bottom note. I really like how it smells cold. I will melt it soon. I have had to do some other testing and have not gotten around to it yet. She just gave it to me yesterday. It smells very fresh and clean and along the lines of a manly cologne but not overkill. I can see why people like this scent.

Edited by Holly

• 4 months later...
Holly did you ever buy this from SOS?

Hi, I have not ordered it yet, because I do not use them. I am trying to watch my budget and trying not to add any additional suppliers right now. Someday, I hope to get around to it. Do you order from them? I ordered a few samples from them a long time ago but never tested all of them and the ones I did, were no go's. If you do order from them, which fragrances have you had success with?

When I finally do order it, I will post my results. :)

Edited by Holly

I've been pondering on SOS since rctfavr recommended their 'Black Seed' a few weeks ago, but it seems their XC Extreme formula is not available in sizes smaller than a pound. That's WAY too much to spring for to try an untested scent. Is this formula available in samples and I'm just overlooking that?

I've been pondering on SOS since rctfavr recommended their 'Black Seed' a few weeks ago, but it seems their XC Extreme formula is not available in sizes smaller than a pound. That's WAY too much to spring for to try an untested scent. Is this formula available in samples and I'm just overlooking that?

You can get any size in any concentration. The sniffees samples (dram) are all in extreme concentration.

They have a dupe of Hemingway that I need to try. A lot of customers have begged for that one. Anyone tried it by chance?

TIA

Steve

I do not know what this one smells like, but was eyeing this one too. I wonder why in the reviews it appears even though the candle makers like the scents and think many of them smell the same or very close the Scentsy, they also seem to mention that many are weaker than the original. Not sure if this means because they could not get the formula down exact and this is why they are weaker or the oils we can purchase are just weaker than what the big boys can get. I wonder if they are cut and even with the Extreme version. I noticed the reviewer said that even though this fragrance is a great dupe and got the Extreme version, it is weaker than Scentsy's.

P.S. Maybe the weakness in many of these dupes is because the wax they are using is not throwing it as well as the wax that Scentsy is using. Not sure.

Edited by Holly

Customer asked if I could dupe a Victorias Secret fragrance called Island Passion. Not being a big fan of Vicky, I have never heard of this scent. Any help? Though I hate dupes, Id like to do something special for this customer.

Send a half ounce bottle to SaveonScents and they'll dupe it for free(if they feel it isn't too simlar to another FO they carry) They might also offer a suggestion. Email first.

Send a half ounce bottle to SaveonScents and they'll dupe it for free(if they feel it isn't too simlar to another FO they carry) They might also offer a suggestion. Email first.

Do you know off hand if they dupe off a product- as in a "tart" made by one of the big guys??

• 7 months later...

Save on Scents did a wonderful job on this one and the Ultra Concentrate is what I always get! Love it! I was drawn to this anyway because I love anything to do with Sherlock Holmes as well as James Bond! Lol! Thanks for letting us know about the Nature's Garden add though! I will check that one out too!