FO's in 464 that Requires only 1/2 Oz or less

Good Morning to All,

Just a quick Question here. I have ordered FO's from Natures Garden and have just began to order from Peaks. Can anyone direct me to Previous posts or list some FO’s and amounts that can help myself and possibly others who are just getting started. I understand that testing is a serious must, but I would like to know of the FO's that are considered to be very strong and only a 1/2 oz or less was used and still a really good HT was achieved!!. For example, I just poured ocean from Peaks at 1 oz for the Pound of wax. OK- It is strong. I can smell the Candle before I get into the Kitchen. Already, the candle is sweating. Yes it could be seepage or something else, but my question is, did I use too much unneeded FO? So if someone could guide me to a Percentage Chart or something for FO's From Peaks or Natures Garden that only need .5 oz. I would Greatly Appreciate it.

Praying for Direction and Blessing to you All,

Grani L.

There really isn't any 'official' list for what you are asking. Even if someone uses the same wax & wicks, there are other factors that may make yours burn differently than theres. You honestly need to bite the bullet, open your wallet, buy & test those FO's you are interested in. There is no list or easy way out of it unfortunately. When I get a new FO to test, I always start with 1/2 oz./lb., then go up from there if I need. Making candles is NOT a cheap hobby and the testing is neverending. Making tarts or wax melts is cheaper, as there isn't a wick to contend with. good luck!

Thanks greatly for your responses. I am putting my money out there, but I dont have an issue saving some if possible, which I know was a help with the Black Cherry Bomb from NG for Instance. Some of the Responses from some that used it was they only used a 1/2 oz -- it made their eyes water, -- it burned their nose..... So when I recieved that FO, I was already on the Look Out some what for what to expect. That was my reason for asking. I know I cant take everybodys word for even pouring temps. Some pour hot and others pour cold, But through reading more and more, and your own trials and errors, you kinda get a better understanding as to why some do it the way they do it; of course I would do it which ever way is best for me. Hard work and spending will pay off, but working smart also is a key you dont want to lose sight of in the mix. Kinda like the Soy Blend Recommendations Sector on here -- Nice Little Reference - Something to Go on till you find your balance.--And by the way, the Black Cherry Bomb candles ( I had made some up for a Bridal Shower a few weeks ago, were a big it.) The right formula for that Wax / FO / Wick is Down -- So I am getting somewhere slowly but surely! I think thats pretty good for someone Just getting started. I am sure you all agree!! But still, thank you all. Until Next Time...

Grani L

Edited by Grani L

Candle Cocoon FOs are said to be the strongest, and Peak's and Candle Science are also very strong.

I would like to try NG's Black Cherry BOMB myself, but I've waited because some say that most of NG's oils are not strong enough. So, thanks for the review, I'll try it soon.

You could also search this board for the word "strong."

NG has plenty of strong, good quality fos IMHO. Their 7up Pound Cake is really good, Caribbean, Tropical Breeze, the Downey dupes are super stong, but I use at least an ounce per pound. Candle Cocoon is amazing with most fragrances at half an ounce but the price is higher and the selection is smaller than NG or Peak. I think of a really good fragrance oil in terms of complexity as well as strength. Lyschel is tops in my book and her oils are tops as well. Her Creme Brulee Cafe will run you out of the house its so strong, Peony White Tea is just beautiful and is wonderful in cp soaps, and of course there"s Vanilla Voodoo which is to die for. HTH

Steve