Should I Redo This Soap

jackbenimble

This is a cucumber mp soap I made today. It has not scent. I added cucumber peel extract powder. Well these extracts in powder form do not mix well into your soap and most times I get the speckled look. While most of the time it looks fine I'm not sure about this time. I'll post the link below to the video. Btw what I'm showing is the bottom of the soap because of the type of mold it's in.

Jack, our cucumber peel extract powders may be completely different but mine needs to be dissolved in water before adding to soap. This one here happens to be a 1:10 ratio. Maybe you could try that with yours before adding to the soap on the next batch?

Otherwise, I think it looks very nice even tho' it didn't turn out as you expected. I'm wondering if the side the cucumber settled on has a little light abrasion to act as an exfoliation on one side and smooth on the other to market this batch that way...or maybe others in the future too? Just a thought.

Edited by jeanie353
typo

I think it looks very nice, Paul. Don't think you need to remelt.

I had an oatmeal M&P do the same thing because I mixed too early and it didn't suspend. But, one side was nice and exfoliating while the other side was smooth. Acutally wasn't a bad soap. Several people really liked it.

I would try what Jeanie suggested, hydrate the powder first. You also do quite a bit of GM batches, maybe stick blend in with that before adding to your base.

I agree. It looks awesome to me. It just looks to me like the grains settled on the top instead of suspending. Try a bar out and really use it for the next few days to see how you like it.

You could also try softening the powder as suggested it by soaking in a bit of water first if you don't want any exfoliation. But I gotta tell you exfoliation soaps sell really well for me. If the exfoliant settles on the top or 'bottom' side of the soap bar I just tell customers one side is the scrubby side. But really its very pretty and I would just leave it as is unless it is an awful soap to wash with.

Edited by Candybee