Is a Wilton silicone mold a simple enough mold for a newbie?

justajesuschick

I know. So far I have just made trays of brittle. I am intrigued by a cute little daisy Wilton silicone mold just to try (I think that I can see that this wax making thing is a slippery slope! haha!).

I am certain most of you use professional molds or something more elaborate which I do not need. I can get some Wilton at Michael's or Hobby Lobby or through Amazon.

Would you suggest something else fro me to just try?

Thanks!!

I love Wilton molds.. If you have a Joann's Fabric by you and own a Smart Phone, You should download their app.. They have 50% off coupons like once a week it.

I just bought a Wilton 4 cavity Mini Loaf pan (can be used for soap or tart loaves), for $5.00 with my coupon!

Also, Check your local Dollar Stores/Dollar Tree.. They usually have rubber/silicone ice cube molds you can use to make tarts.. They're a bit smaller.. but for a Dollar.. Well worth it...

I see RE is adding some.. I got the same exact Scull and Cross Bones one for only $1.00 last Fall.

So, I went to retailmenot.com and printed off a 50% one item coupon for Joann and snuck out of work over lunch. I went VERY safe and got the 12 mini muffin silicone pan. How can I go wrong with that simple shape?

Thanks so much!

Cool! That's the next one i'm buying... Perfect for tarts and bath bombs!