HTP wicks in Clarus 70/30 wax?

I suspect there's only a couple of you who use this wax, and I was wondering if you've tried HTP wicks in it? I'm going to try them anyway since I have them sitting around, but I'm still curious about others' experiences with it.

I suspect there's only a couple of you who use this wax, and I was wondering if you've tried HTP wicks in it? I'm going to try them anyway since I have them sitting around, but I'm still curious about others' experiences with it.

Hi Darbla,

I used to double wick the short apothecaries with the Hemp wicks, and I did use this wax in some single wicked candles. I never had any luck double wicking the taller apothecaries...would get weak flames. I ended up using LX's in the little roly poly jars. I do recall testing both the HTP's and ECO's in the taller jars that look like roly polies...single wick jars. Both did well if I remember correctly. Since I have reopened and developing a new candle line, I am currently trying this wax in the cylindar jar, and I believe I tried 2 Eco 6's in the only tester so far...would have to look. I have not come to a conclusion yet for double wicking in this jar. This wax burns down before out and since this jar is very open it does not get as hot so it is a little harder to get to the sides even double wicked in this jar. I remember when Greenleaf had this wax, they thought that the Eco's did the best for this wax. I found though for double wicking the Hemps did better...non bending wick (stand straight up) and since the apothecary jar was wider this is better for a wax that burns down before out....more of an even burn to the sides even though I did set the wicks to bend one way with one and the other way with the other wick. I did not like the Hemps for the small one wick jars. They tend to mushroom a bit and did not look right in the smaller jars....too noticeable. I liked the LX's for the pretty little jars...the wicks are not as noticeable and are white....I kept my wax uncolored.....and not as noticeable after a burn.

What jar are you using?

~Holly

Edited by Holly