Brand of metal tape

When I switched over I just stole some my DH had and now that it is about out I've bought more twice - and neither one held! As soon as the hot wax poured, they released!! :mad: AARRGGHH!!! His old roll has no markings on the tube and was no longer in a package...

For those of you that use the metal tape, can you tell me a brand name that works?? TIA

Yea, I know it's flue tape not duct - the ones I bought were from Home Depot/Lowes - they said hi temp - but released. Just hoped someone that used it had one that actually had a name on the tube (the ones that didn't work do). Thanks.

I just pick up the aluminum tape from Menards in the HVAC section.

If it is not sticking, try to heat gun the mold before applying the tape. The only times I've had it release is when the mold was really cold or if there was residue (excess silicone release or wax). I'll see if the inner circle of the roll I have has a brand on it. The wrapper is long gone.

I just pick up the aluminum tape from Menards in the HVAC section.

If it is not sticking, try to heat gun the mold before applying the tape. The only times I've had it release is when the mold was really cold or if there was residue (excess silicone release or wax). I'll see if the inner circle of the roll I have has a brand on it. The wrapper is long gone.

Thanks TallTayl... I do a rustic look and don't normally heat my molds, but I guess I could - then apply - then let it cool... try anything!! If you find a brand, please do let me know. TY!

The roll I have is made by Intertape Polymer Group (IPG).

Get this... It's made in the USA. It's a honking heavy roll and wasn't that spendy IIRC - in the $6-7 neighborhood.

I have also used the high temp metal tape in the automotive section of my local Farm & Fleet rated for several hundred degrees. It was around $5 and a lot smaller than this roll. I'll have this roll for a life time I think.

Just so others will know - Scotch 3M brand works too! I couldn't find IPG - so gave this a try - it doesn't claim to be hi temp but it said on the wrapper (and on the tube) to not use in applications over 300 degrees so I thought WTH I'll try it - and it holds just fine!