Leberrmuth Oils

7 Pawz

Haven't posted in quiet sometime; but am back into candles and soaps; thank goodness I didn't get rid of my candle and soapmaking equipment :)

Recently I was given 7 one pound bottles of fragrance oil---used for popourri but usable for candles and soap as well. I thought :yay: until I looked at the date of expiration on the bottles of fragrance oils---13 yrs old! The scent from the bottles of oil still smelled strongly, so i made a one pound batch of cp soap, scented it with Hyncinth.

The soap smelled wonderfully, nothing went wrong with the soap at trace, I couldn't believe it. I didn't think that fo lasted much beyond one year in the bottle. Soap cured well, no problems, but I am surprised that it worked out.

I think it depends on the oils, I have oils that I saved from several years ago and they are fine, however I have some that have went rancid in less than a year. It really depends on the oil, some just last longer. Also it helps if they are stored in a cool , dark place.

I think it depends on the oils, I have oils that I saved from several years ago and they are fine, however I have some that have went rancid in less than a year. It really depends on the oil, some just last longer. Also it helps if they are stored in a cool , dark place.

I'm sure you're right. I store mine on a bookshelf in my work area, towards the back of the shelf. These also came in a dark amber bottle if that makes a difference in expiration time. I too had several oils that went rancid in less than a year, so this was a big surprise to get these oils as old as they were and they are SO strong.

QUOTE=Scented;973045]I had a chamomile fragrance oil that dates back to oh 1993 that was good for oh ... well till last year.

These fragrance oils are potent arent they? I ordered 3 1lb bottles of different scents, couldn't make the minimum order to avoid the processing fee though. But the cost will pay off in the long run I hope if the scents can last 13 more years:smiley2:

• 4 weeks later...

I received my order today from Lebermuth. Mandarine Cranberry, Tree (BB), Velvet Tuberose. Love them all.:yay:

I like the way they package the oils, there is a seal on the inside of the bottle, and I can still smell the oil in the bottle. Now to figure out which one to try first. Thought the Mandarine Cranberry or Tree would be good for the holidays, I'd like to make a few family gifts of soap and or candles.

QUOTE=Scented;973045]I had a chamomile fragrance oil that dates back to oh 1993 that was good for oh ... well till last year.

These fragrance oils are potent arent they? I ordered 3 1lb bottles of different scents, couldn't make the minimum order to avoid the processing fee though. But the cost will pay off in the long run I hope if the scents can last 13 more years:smiley2:

If only all scents could last as long lol! We're talking mid 1990s though and it was a pourette fragrance from way back when. It would have lasted longer, just I couldn't keep it. Was making my partner too nervous I guess.