Cases versus slabs of wax. Wow. I have been spoiled!

I did not think they were rude. I thought the answer seemed scripted. That's all. I work for a big corporation and even we would have handled a bit differently. Not a worry. I love their oils and their quick shipping time. I just will not buy wax from them again. Especially if I have an in town supplier. I asked to see if others found this typical since I have not had experience with cases. Others did not report similar from other suppliers so I thought that it was not typical and not how it comes from every supplier.

I am learning!

I agree, Peak's reply really rubbed me the wrong way, it was the wrong tone. Part of my career involved a lot of customer service, and that kind of reply would not have been acceptable, especially not when the customer buys such an expensive item as a case of wax.

You can melt the contaminated wax in your presto and then ladle it through a strainer into your pour pot. Some chandlers always strain their wax like that.

I made it clear to them that I wanted nothing more than them to be aware. We would have logged the information and if we received enough feedback we would have supplied it back to the manufacturer. Not trying to be a nuisance/demanding/get something, just thought I'd inform them. They know and can do with my information as they wish. I am still glad I told them. Think how many people think things they never share. Hardly a way for things to get reviewed, changed or to learn that that is how it is. I learned, with this situation, that is just how it is.

I am DEFINITELY going to get a nice strainer. Today I fished out pieces of the thin plastic bag from the pot. Not just for this wax but for any contaminants with any wax I use. My birthday is later this month and a nice specialty kitchen store sent me $10 off any purchase birthday card. I will start my shopping with a strainer!

Maybe they'll forward your email to IGI and they'll change their packaging. All I am saying is that regardless of if they sent you a scripted response; it's still just the way it is. I was just answering your initial question as to if it was "the nature of the beast" cases vs. slabs and it is. Slabs are nice and neat and cases sometimes come in all sorts of squished, melted, broken, sometimes open etc. What can you do? 99% of the time you just deal with it and put it in another container and clean it up as best you can or strain it.

Yes we pay a fortune for wax and candle supplies but what they said in their scripted response was true.

But like you said you were not looking for anything and you can buy wax somewhere else. If you buy cases again you'll know to expect the same thing.

You think this stinks? Wait until you deal with batch variances and have to buy by the pallet for quality control.

Good luck with your craft show.

Edited by funkymonkey66

I have a case of 4625 wax and a case of 1343 wax, both from Peaks and they were shipped with just slabs in the box. My box was fine, unopened, undamaged, but maybe a bit rumpled. Some of the slabs were broke, but that's ok, saves me the trouble of breaking them with my hammer LOL. Anyway, yes, there is some cardboard on the itty bits of wax, which I expected. I just wipe it off.

I would rather pay less for the wax than to have them charge me to repackage. But that's just me. I'm a hobbiest and it's expensive enough.

I think in your case UPS is responsible for the terrible condition of your box. They obviously manhandled that thing.

My 4627 from Peaks comes in the 25 lb block and is wrapped in that heavy heavy plastic bag. I'm not saying you shouldn't have brought it to their attention, but it really is out of their hands as far as cases go. That is why it's cheaper. Ya kinda get what you pay for sometimes.

Thanks! I am participating in the show only because it is at work and will cost me nothing. Guess I will see if all those I regularly give free wax, who insisted I participate, really will come with their friends and family and pay for it. After that-it is back to the small time for me. It will officially be my first show and simultaneously, officially my last show! I am excited to get back to making what I want and what sounds good at the moment. I miss my 1 ounce bottles of FO! haha! That also means back to slabs. There are no pallets in my future, for certain!

Thanks again!