Deep, dark berries scents for the Fall season?

Darbla

Light, bright strawberries and other berries with citrus and sugary notes are good the rest of the year but I'm looking for the deeper, richer berries for Autumn time.

I'll probably try Candle Science's 'Black Raspberry Vanilla'.

What about their 'Raspberry Sangria'? Is the wine note too sharp smelling? I'm always dubious about those because a little of the wine note is good if it's on the sweet side, but in general I don't care for alcohol notes.

Moonworks 'Patchouli Raspberry' is described as "A fruity blend of blackberry, peach, raspberry & strawberry notes with a violet and rosewood middle note lying on a bed of woody patchouli leaves." That peach and strawberry make me think it may not be as deep berry as I'd like.

Opinions? What else is out there?

Pomegranate Blueberry + Black Seed

(both from SOS)

They can blend the two for you, just email them.

Black seed is an awesome standalone fragrance too!

This blend might be too dark for your needs though. It isn't Harvest so much as "Haunted".

It's a very dark and mysterous berry blend makes a great year-rounder too.

Edited by rctfavr3

Great ideas all! Also these mentions of pomegranate reminded me of 'Midnight Pomegranate', which I have. Will dig it out and see if it fits what I'm looking for. Might mix it with some 'Blackberry Vanilla' or sugar plum or something.

Edited by Darbla

Great ideas all! Also these mentions of pomegranate reminded me of 'Midnight Pomegranate', which I have. Will dig it out and see if it fits what I'm looking for. Might mix it with some 'Blackberry Vanilla' or sugar plum or something.

That sounds good.

Just wanted to throw this idea out there...Might could add a little anise or licorice FO to your blend. Anise, when used in moderation, has a dark vibe to it that would play off the Pomegranate really well.

rctfavr3 has got me REALLY curious about that 'Black Seed' at SOS. But I'm bravely resisting creating an account with yet another supplier because then I'll be wanting more of their $$$tuff. Aaaaargh, we need a "12 steps" program or something to help us with the agony of being scent addicts!

rctfavr3 has got me REALLY curious about that 'Black Seed' at SOS. But I'm bravely resisting creating an account with yet another supplier because then I'll be wanting more of their $$$tuff. Aaaaargh, we need a "12 steps" program or something to help us with the agony of being scent addicts!

You'd seriously LOVE IT! Don't mean to enable you. But you owe it to yourself to try it. Get a sniffie. I'd send some to you, if I had any. You can always buy it, and BEG and PLEAD your supplier to carry it or dupe it. Go on...try it! Go on...go on. :grin2:

Aaaaaargh! Dirty rotten enabler! :D

So, what strength do you recommend?

Ultra for any FO. Their SOS value lines are usually useless. But, if you plan on having it duped, might as well go with Xtreme. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it. SOS is pretty strong for this one, but I'd still reccomend Ultra, it's seems to be about 33% stronger in throw.

Edited by rctfavr3