Need help finding a replacement please!

joyofsoycandle

I know The Scented Bean closed a very long time ago, but I bought Hazelnut Coffee in huge bulk because i loved it so much!! And I just used the last of it today!!! =( Can anyone PLEASE help suggest anything very close to it? Best ive ever smelled!

I love the Candle Science Hazelnut Coffee I've been testing lately. It's a strong thrower, and very nice!

I know The Scented Bean closed a very long time ago, but I bought Hazelnut Coffee in huge bulk because i loved it so much!! And I just used the last of it today!!! =( Can anyone PLEASE help suggest anything very close to it? Best ive ever smelled!

I am right with you on this one. I have never found the best replacement for The Scented Bean's Hazelnut Coffee. Best I ever smalled as well. I am still looking. Nothing has been as good. I do have a sample of Hazelnut Coffee from Fragrance Oil Central and when I finally got around to thinking of giving it a try after I smelled it out of bottle again, I realized they had closed as well. It smelled like it was going to be pretty close. I do wish the gal that bought them would have stay opened. She never really officially opened and the amount of time that she was selling the oils, she ended up closing shortly after she got some stock in. It was a real big bummer.

Edited by Holly

I know it is! I just wish we could only find out where she got it from! I cant believe there isnt someone who has it! Its so amazing!

I know, it is a real bummer. Either some company has the same one or maybe it was specifically formulated for them. Not sure. I was so glad when someone bought them and then I was so bummed when they did not follow through with the biz for very long at all. I wonder why.

Edited by Holly

Oh my gosh that is the most awesome suggestion ive heard! Very Sadly, I wish I had heard or thought of it sooner because i just used it all! =( I have some candles made with it, but not any of the oil left.

I have some left....not much though. You could talk with them MMS (I use them and like them), and I can send an small amout to them. I had a customer that basically only bought that scent, and I have been savoring it for her. I just reopened my biz not long ago. Let me know.

Edited by Holly

That is really sweet an awesome of you! I just sent them an email and we'll see what they have to say!

No problem! It would be great if it can be duped! They may need more than an oz....can't remember. I have never had anything duped before but have read about it. I will check to see how much I have.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure that since you knew they were going to close, and that's why you bought so much of it in bulk... that during this time, you've been trying to find a replacement for it.

It might help some of us if you could possibly please list the ones you HAVE tried, from what company, and maybe if you could tell what you did and didn't like about those you tried.. it might help us narrow the field for you some :)

well ive been waiting all this time from MMS, but after three emails ive gotten no response and i couldnt reach them on the phone either. =( I HAVE to find a dupe or close copy of this!

Well, that is a bummer. Strange they are not responding. They usually have great customer service. Even if they did not want to take it on, it just takes a quick response saying they do not want to do it at this time. Not sure why they are not responding. Thank you for trying. I have possibly 2 oz. left. I will keep it just in case.

The Candlemakers Store website says it can make a custom scent for you. They have a few coffee scents as well. I don't have any experience with them other than calling to inquire about a few fragrance oils and they were very helpful, but I thought I would throw that out there. I hope you find a replacement oil or can get it duped, it sounds yummy.

The Candlemakers Store website says it can make a custom scent for you. They have a few coffee scents as well. I don't have any experience with them other than calling to inquire about a few fragrance oils and they were very helpful, but I thought I would throw that out there. I hope you find a replacement oil or can get it duped, it sounds yummy.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I emailed them and they got back immediately, and sent me this:

Hi Laura,

There is no cost for this service. We need a 1 oz. sample and your

information sent to us. We will send you our version back, typically in 3 -

4 weeks, for your approval/review and once approved, we will add the

fragrance to our website for purchase.

Thank you!!

How awesome is that??? Holly dear, could i get 1 ounce from you? :D

Ive tried Peaks cappucino hazelnut and Candle science, to me the coffee part was too strong, wasnt creamy enough. TSB version is sooo creamy almost like a cappucino. Im curious about the vanilla hazelnut coffee from ICS, and the Turkish Hazelnut Cafe from BCN, anyone tried these?

Interesting! I can barely smell the coffee in CS Hazelnut Coffee, to me it's very creamy and sweet.

Edited by HorsescentS

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! With Hollys help, we will ALL have access to this fragrance again!! She is going to send in what she has left to the candlemakers store and they are going to dupe it, and send it back to approve, once approved its added to their website!! WOOOOHOOO!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! With Hollys help, we will ALL have access to this fragrance again!! She is going to send in what she has left to the candlemakers store and they are going to dupe it, and send it back to approve, once approved its added to their website!! WOOOOHOOO!

Sent a PM. :) I will get it in the mail on Monday. I do hope the smell quality is still good even though it is past 2 years old. I will smell it again, but from what I could tell when I smelled it when this post first started, it seemed to smell fine. It has been in a dark cabinet and in a VERY cool area...cold in the winter.

They really did have quality oils. I miss them! Maybe they would be able to dupe their Sweet Serendipity. I have less than an ounce left of that one.

I will keep you posted!