Good Pumpkin for melts

vberkesch

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sitting here with my little one ounce of LS Butternut Pumpkin and I have been afraid to try it. It has the creamy/creme brulee smell to me and that can go one of two ways for me.

I am contemplating making a bunch today and will have to just try it.

I am planning a blend (I did a q-tip test and it was wonderful) of CS Pumpkin Pie and RE/AH Pumpkin Creme Brulee. Also, RE KY Homemade Apple Pie and LS Georgia Peach.

I'm sitting here with my little one ounce of LS Butternut Pumpkin and I have been afraid to try it. It has the creamy/creme brulee smell to me and that can go one of two ways for me.

I am contemplating making a bunch today and will have to just try it.

I am planning a blend (I did a q-tip test and it was wonderful) of CS Pumpkin Pie and RE/AH Pumpkin Creme Brulee. Also, RE KY Homemade Apple Pie and LS Georgia Peach.

LS Butternut Pumpkin is amazing! Try it!!! You won't be sorry. I think I found my new pumpkin scent :-)

You are so right -- ICS pumpkin pie filling was the best and I cannot find it on their site! I hope she brings it back soon.

I have a package coming in with some ICS pumpkin pie filling and will definitely try to get it duplicated. I like this scent too much for it to disappear.

You are so right -- ICS pumpkin pie filling was the best and I cannot find it on their site! I hope she brings it back soon.

I sent them an e-mail about it since I had heard so many great things. This was her response:

Hi there;

It is weird that you heard such good things about it cause I just could not sell it and had to let it go. Sorry

Kathy @ Indiana Candle Supplies

Osceola IN 46561

http://IndianaCandleSupplies.com/

I sent them an e-mail about it since I had heard so many great things. This was her response:

Hi there;

It is weird that you heard such good things about it cause I just could not sell it and had to let it go. Sorry

Kathy @ Indiana Candle Supplies

Osceola IN 46561

http://IndianaCandleSupplies.com/

Well it's my understanding that scents "rotate" and ones previously good become poor sellers over time and previously bad scents become more popular. Fad FOs...if you will.

Though I can see this being a poor seller, as it is a more seasonal FO. I liked it and would order it again.

Edited by rctfavr3

Has anyone tried SOS Pumpkin & Fig the reviews are pretty impressive? "Airy, green fig gives this unique fragrance a lift that is as fresh as the fall harvest air. Soft notes of pumpkin, clove, and nutmeg round out this fragrance while giving a natural feeling of warmth. This is a nice not too spicy scent that is extremely fresh smelling even with dominant notes of pumpkin through and through"

Sounds like a winner. Weary of the spice notes though.

I have a package coming in with some ICS pumpkin pie filling and will definitely try to get it duplicated. I like this scent too much for it to disappear.

Do you mean you bought it off the classifieds from an individual, since it's no longer available from ICS? I'd be interested in trying that too, so if there's a minimum that has to be bought please let us know and I might help out to get us to the minimum.

I will also chime in with love for Lone Star 'Butternut Pumpkin'. Love it!

Aztec has a new 'Pumpkin Creme Brulee' that is being introduced at a bargain price. If anyone needs the email about it, PM me your email address and I'll forward it.

Do you mean you bought it off the classifieds from an individual, since it's no longer available from ICS? I'd be interested in trying that too, so if there's a minimum that has to be bought please let us know and I might help out to get us to the minimum.

I will also chime in with love for Lone Star 'Butternut Pumpkin'. Love it!

Aztec has a new 'Pumpkin Creme Brulee' that is being introduced at a bargain price. If anyone needs the email about it, PM me your email address and I'll forward it.

Yeah I got it, but it's NOT how I remember. It was a year old, and could have changed some but it smelled extremely spicy. When burned all I could smell was cinnamon. I don't know if the batch I got was just mislabeled or somehow evolved but it's not the Pumpkin Pie Filling I know and love. So I'm not having it duped. Back to the drawing board.

I believe I may still have some so I will do some digging in my drawers (the plastic type that is, LOL). My recollection was that there is little to no spice. It literally smells like you stuck your nose in a can of Libby's pumpkin puree (not the spiced pumpkin pie filling which I believe does have some spice). If memory serves me, it is a dead on duplicate of pumpkin puree but I did not care for it in tarts straight and always used it mixed with something else. I will report back if/when I find my bottle.

Update.... apparently my memory doesnt serve me so well. It does have spice in it and is probably closer to the Libby's Pumpkin Pie Filling as opposed to the Libby's Pumpkin Puree. Gee, maybe that is why it is called Pumpkin Pie Filling... duh. Sorry, I had to laugh at myself on this one. I havent used it in a while so I can not say if the cinnamon notes overpower the pumpkin. OOB it does not.

rctfavr3 - do you want me to mail you a sniffy to see if mine is the way you remember it? If it is, I could send you an ounce to have it duped if you would like, or I can just mail you an ounce in place of the sniffy.

Edited by megandgarr
old age

I believe I may still have some so I will do some digging in my drawers (the plastic type that is, LOL). My recollection was that there is little to no spice. It literally smells like you stuck your nose in a can of Libby's pumpkin puree (not the spiced pumpkin pie filling which I believe does have some spice). If memory serves me, it is a dead on duplicate of pumpkin puree but I did not care for it in tarts straight and always used it mixed with something else. I will report back if/when I find my bottle.

i'd be interesting in your findings. The one I got was pretty spicy. If you have a few oz or so, I'd be happy to test side by side with what I have. Though I'm not really happy at all with the FO I got. Really spicy. I had planned on having it duped, but will not do so as my Pumpkin Pie Filling smells more like Pumpkin Spice.

rctfavr3 - do you want me to mail you a sniffy to see if mine is the way you remember it? If it is, I could send you an ounce to have it duped if you would like, or I can just mail you an ounce in place of the sniffy.

The one I have is full on spice. Nothing else. The pumpkin notes are there OOB but as soon as it's burned or touches wax/soy it's nothing but cinnamon spice. Why is a straight pumpkin so dang hard to find?

ICS Pumpkin Pie Filling is the best Pumpkin Pie ever. I am glad I still have 3 large bottles. Maybe if enough of us e-mail ICS we can get them to bring it back as a seasonal or special order.

See if you can get someone to dupe it. I'd like to try it again, or at least compare it to the sample I received.

Edited by rctfavr3

Just wanted to ask if anyone's tried Wellington. Generally, I'm not very favorable of them both for their odd payment method and often weaker FOs...but I am curious to know if their Pumpkin fragrance oil is any good. Supposedly; it have no butter notes, no spice and no gram-cracker notes. Just a straight pumpkin. Sounds interesting! I'd give it a shot, but their lame checkout fee is preventing me for ordering a single FO just to sample.

Anyone try Wellington's Pumpkin?

Just wanted to ask if anyone's tried Wellington. Generally, I'm not very favorable of them both for their odd payment method and often weaker FOs...but I am curious to know if their Pumpkin fragrance oil is any good. Supposedly; it have no butter notes, no spice and no gram-cracker notes. Just a straight pumpkin. Sounds interesting! I'd give it a shot, but their lame checkout fee is preventing me for ordering a single FO just to sample.

Anyone try Wellington's Pumpkin?

Was just over there. I went as far as possible without actually buying the product. It was a $5 service charge for orders under $50 and $10 to ship a 1/2 ounce sample to me.

Subtotal: $6.55 Shipping: $10.00 Taxes: $0.00 Total: $16.55

Edited by jeanie353
additional

Was just over there. I went as far as possible without actually buying the product. It was a $5 service charge for orders under $50 and $10 to ship a 1/2 ounce sample to me.

Subtotal: $6.55 Shipping: $10.00 Taxes: $0.00 Total: $16.55

I know..Nuts right!? $16.55 for a 1/2 oz...WTH! They make it impossible to order sample vials. Why even offer 1/2 ozs? And the service charge...Why is that needed? There oils are already priced a bit above average anyway. I like their selection, but their checkout policies are atrocious. I refuse to order from them anymore(even for larger orders) they're crooks.

For nearly 17 dollars, I can buy 1lb or two elsewhere!

Edited by rctfavr3