candle scents..which is the best company to order from???

sheila_maria

I like www.candlescience.com and www.peakcandle.com and www.candlecocoon.com If you're using soy or parasoy, stick to Candle Science for awhile, because not every FO will throw a scent in soy, parasoy, and palm veggie waxes. If you're using paraffin, try all three of those suppliers.

Edited by HorsescentS

Spend lots of money & learn.

That should be the motto at the top of the welcome page!!!

You can read until your eyes fall out, but until you buy it, pour it and burn/heat it, you will never know how it throws in your system AND if you like it.

I have read about scents that others love, and I think they are so so. And others HATE something, but I love it. Then you sniff something out of the bottle and think, what are they talking about?? Then you put it in wax and burn it and it comes to life and you just CAN'T believe it.

.....it's a way of life.

A lot of trial and error.

Lots of 1oz samplers get sacrificed at my house. Lol

We use Peak, BCN, Candle Science, Cajun, Candles & Supples and Wellington.

Even some of the same scents will dramatically differ from one company to another.

I've always wondered about French Color, but I believe you have to buy in very large quantities to buy from them.

Dyes are the same, in that they differ.

Cajuns are strong coloring, Wellington & candles & supplies seem to be lighter and need more drops for dark colors.

My first suggestion would be :

Do a search for suppliers in a three state area of you. While you are learning, it's expensive, and it's easier on your pocket book with shipping, if you can find supplies closest to you. Come back to the boards here, and I'm pretty sure , no matter how obscure the supplier is, SOMEONE on here has used them and can give you some feedback on their products and service. As you grow... then SLOWLY expand your supplier area and start getting some things from different suppliers.

It's really easy to jump off in this blindly, and I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say, that while quality of supplies is a main concern, one of the biggest pain in the butt is shipping prices.

If you're just starting out, stick with a supplier close to you, work with it, see how you like this business ( it's a hell of a lot more detailed and expensive than most people think) and then slowly expand your suppliers.

I agree 100% with all that everyone else has said.

I look like I am starting some 1 ounce bottle museum!

I have excitedly tried a suppliers others called their "best" and I was not as excited about them. Same story with individual scents.

It is so variable. We all smell things differently, have our own scent preferences, use different warmers, jars, live in different climates and we all make wax differently using different wax blends. All of these things (and 100 more!) will come into play as you discover your favorites.

You have certainly been given names of some of the best that I have tried.

When I placed my first order, I found a supplier who had wax, FO's, bags and more that I needed. As others have said, that kept shipping down.

Now, I get wax and FO's from one place, bags and FO's from another and then generally, I order FO's alone from a few others.

As a hobbyist, that is an expensive way to go as I am not buying cases and gallon sizes.

Start with some of the companies mentioned here and you will be off to a great start!