Wax for Melts/Tarts/Clamshells??

Ash2234

I don't know if 464 is too soft for tarts because I've never used it. Candle Science could advise you about that, and they recommend using 6006 for tarts. If you search this board for "tart wax" or "tarts" you'll find a lot of threads to read about people mixing their own tart blends.

I've had great success with 464 in clamshells. If you use the small, metal "floater" molds, they tend to want to stick (because it is a container wax), but a few minutes in the freezer shrinks it slightly so that you can turn the mold upside down and get the tart to release with a gentle squeeze.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I understand being overwhelmed when searching for tart wax blends- I spent a couple of hours a few weeks ago, and found over 25 combinations that people love and swear by. I've been testing the PB/excel combination and am getting wonderful results. Also testing palm and with some fo's it is working very well too, but not with others. I just decided to order a bunch of samples and got busy mixing and testing- it's been fun. I've found that making melt testers has been a good way for me to test a bunch of fo samples that I've accumulated- to see which ones I like and ones that I don't care for... Good luck! I know you'll find a good combination that works for you!

• 7 months later...