Need Some Help

chuck_35550

Please help me to whittle this list down for an order to Southern Soapers: Bourbon de Vanilla, Cinnamon Sticks, Cuban Coffee Bean (Non-Discoloring), Holly Jolly Christmas, Patch Raspberry and Pumpkin Brulee. I'm thinking that the cinnamon, coffee and vanilla will be great mixers and not so sure about the others for the holidays. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (I'm currently on probation and the judge has warned me to cease and desist on buying more fos).

Steve

Well, it is obvious that either nobody uses this re-opened business or the request was just dumb. Either way I came to a conclusion. I reasoned that if these fos are really strong and I wanted to take advantage of free shipping on a $75.00 minimum; then I should order 8 oz bottles and some testers. So really its like ordering pound bottles and I get to sample the ones that other posters have raved about. Thanks for looking at the thread.

Edited by chuck_35550

Wasn't a silly request, I just have not used the ones you are ordering. I have soaped several from SS and really like their fragrance oils. I can recommend Egyptian Dragon (excellent in melts as well), Persian Limewood (very strong in soap), Honey L'Occitane (beautiful in body butter, lotions, bath milk), and Wild Rose and Oak. The most popular for me is Acorn and Black Oak. It sounds like a masculine scent and it is. But, women love it as well. Something a bit unique, feminine and powdery is Maharani Paparadscha. I like it real well OOB but it changes in the soap. Some of the sweet notes seem to settle down quite nicely.

Good luck with your order!

J

So, which ones did you get?

I'll probably be ordering the Acorn again in the next month or so and I can add some oils for you. Shipping to Alabama from Georgia shouldn't be all that expensive. I can send you a sniffie if you would like, see if you like the fragrance. Did you pick-up Big Sur to try? I grabbed that last go around but haven't tried it yet. OOB you can smell the cedar and redwood. I'm hoping the other notes come out in product.

Have fun with your oils!

J

No, they were starting to close when I first started crafting and I was focusing more on candles then. I didn't want to find a scent I liked then not be able to get it. I did join the Yahoo group when Denise took over. Don't remember getting the Yahoo notice either but I could have overlooked it. Oh well, I placed an order not too long anyway.

i can't keep up with who went out of business, reopened, went, came back.

If they still have Tassi Lavender and you don't get it, you need your head examined.

Really.

Even if you don't like Lavender.

It's by FAR the best lavender I've ever used and it throws like a son of a gun.

Oh, oh, oh, and Guns & Roses, Oh, My!

Edited by SliverOfWax

Thanks PMM. I had ordered 5 8ozers in early summer & didn't find them strong in soap & paraffin. I wondered if new owner changed the strength once she took over.

No, they were starting to close when I first started crafting and I was focusing more on candles then. I didn't want to find a scent I liked then not be able to get it. I did join the Yahoo group when Denise took over. Don't remember getting the Yahoo notice either but I could have overlooked it. Oh well, I placed an order not too long anyway.

Sliver, I did grab the Tassi Lavender because it seemed to be the favorite for everybody. I personally can't stand Lavender but everyone else seems to like it. No Guns and Roses though, what kind of a fragrance was that?

Chandler, I've had pretty good luck with those I have tried. Persian Limewood was very strong at .7 oz ppo and could probably cut back. Plus the others I mentioned above did very well. Now, I use Kaolin Clay in just about every batch, so maybe that is anchoring the scent for me. I've read that could help. Not why I use the clay but could be a nice benefit.