Comparing fellow Chandler's Products

So I decided 2 weeks ago to "sample" some other Chandler's products. I bought tarts. They came in this morning and I must say. My oh my do I have my work cut out for me! LOL.. There were 3 that... well... I'm in heaven and excited to try and create scents that smell this great.

These were the scents that I am so over impressed with I don't know what else to say.

Blackberry & Cream Coffee Cake

Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Cheesecake

White Chocolate Maple Sugar Cookie.

Does anyone here also "create" their own scents rather than "rename" a FO they purchased? As I am on this forum I am brainstorming in my head! LOL

I do both, I create and tinker and rename some.

Just out of curiosity did the person you bought from know you're in this business when you placed your order?

I know some openly swap and share and I totally respect that. I don't sell to other Chandlers personally because comparing often results in copying which defeats the purpose of trying to be original and different than eachother.

MANY here make their own blends. Fortunately for a rookie like me, some share those "recipes". I have just blended a couple of scents thus far (I wanted to get down my system and thought keeping it simple at first was best) but some here are mad scientists and combine things I would not have thought of, myself. A sweet person here sent me a goody box of her melts. She encouraged me to ask about recipes for any she sent that I really liked. I did and laughed (at myself) when she revealed many supplier's FO's that I had in my possession but again, had not yet tried mixing as she had.

The q-tip test works fairly well and I am now starting to make smaller test batches so I am more eager to trying blending knowing that I will not waste as much with my more error than trial at this point!

Blending complex fragrancs is tough. The initial pour is vibrant but only the top or middle notes hit my nose. Then after a cure time the ct may only contain dominant notes and some notes may fade away ( bummer). The burn may reactivate some of those lost notes and progressive burns bring out the full effect. So the trick, is to create a balance that brings out the bouquet in the ct and then the ht deepens the effect and you have success. I made a blend of ky peppermint patty, ah/re sweet amber musk and a straight sandalwood. Too bad I couldn' bottle that initial fragrance but as it cured the chocolate became brittle and somewhat artificial and the mint faded away. The amber and sandalwood only added a slight dimension to the overall ct. Disappointing but helpful. So forget the peppermint patty and maybe use belgian chocolate and a nice clean peppermint but hang on to the amber and sandalwood. Who knows?

Steve